Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pizza Monkey Bread

I found this on pinterest (as usual) and made it tonight for a Halloween party. It took about 45 minutes prep time and was worth every minute in my humble opinion. It's a good finger food for appetizers, and I'll probably make it again for future bowl game (if Navy could actually win a game...), Super Bowl, and when all if right in the world again, baseball game parties. The original recipe called for homemade pizza dough, but considering my husband got home from the grocery store about 2 hours after I sent him for 4 things, I'm glad I opted for the ready-made pizza dough. This can be easily customized for your favorite pizza toppings. Here's what I used:

4 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 Pillsbury ready-made pizza doughs
1 package of pepperoni (I need about 50)
fresh mushrooms
1 lb block of mozzarella, cut into .5 inch cubes

Melt the butter on medium heat and mix in garlic. With a basting brush, cover the sides of a bundt (or fluted) pan with garlic butter. Roll off small (golf ball size) balls of dough and flatten. Place a pepperoni, a couple mushrooms, and a cube of cheese on each of the flattened doughs and pinch sides closed around toppings. Brush with garlic butter and place in the bundt pan. Continue with remaining ingredients. Brush remaining garlic butter on top of bread in pan. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning over onto a plate. Serve with warm marinara sauce. There was none leftover, so I think it was a hit!




No comments:

Post a Comment