Saturday, October 15, 2011

Don't Forget to Laugh

This week has been particularly stressful for both of us. Luke had a lot of catching up to do at work from being out of town last week, and since I am closing in on midterm at school, I spent a lot of time preparing my case files for audits and wondering if I had even come close to doing it right. After being out of town 3 out of the last 4 weekends, our house hasn't quite recovered from the suitcases, laundry, and mail that we put down for "later". Looking around the house, the list of things to do seems to be never ending, so we vowed to clean it this weekend, which left both of us in kind of a sour mood.

While we were cleaning this afternoon, we had Pandora on to try to make the messy house a happier place. When Blues Traveler came on, we both dropped what we were doing and danced in the living room. I kind of wish we had a camera recording this incident because I am CERTAIN that we could have been youtube sensations and probably ended up on Ellen based on the sheer ridiculousness of this dance (if you've ever seen my husband dance before, you know what I'm talking about). Which brings me to my point: making time to be completely goofy and laugh at ourselves was just what we needed. If you find that you are easily offended, don't quite get other people's jokes, are constantly ruminating on what's wrong in your life, chances are you're not taking the time to laugh. Sure, life is serious and we all have serious issues going on, but we'll never survive if that's what we focus on.

1 comment: