Monday, October 17, 2011

Super Easy Chocolate Brownie Trifle

I made this for a couples Bible study over the weekend, and I think it must have been a hit based on the fact that more than half was eaten by only two couples : ) My mom has made this for several family get-togethers, and it's a great dessert that can easily be made "light".


1 box brownie mix
-1/4 cup Low-fat vanilla yogurt
-1 egg
-1/4 cup water

2 tubs fat-free Cool Whip
3 packs sugar-free Chocolate pudding
3 cups skim milk
1/2 bag dark chocolate M&Ms

Make the brownie mix according to the instructions on the package, or directly substitute the oil with low fat vanilla yogurt (my favorite substitute for brownies - makes them very fudge-y). The ingredients I listed below the brownie mix are just what I used; other brownie mixes may call for more. Once the brownies are done, let cool completely and then cut into 1x1 inch squares (mine completely crumbled, but no worries - just as delicious).

While the brownies are in the oven, whisk together the 3 packages of SF pudding and milk until it's incorporated. Add 1 tub of Cool Whip to pudding mixture and whisk together until the batter looks thicker. Chop M&Ms in a food chopper.

In a trifle bowl, layer as follows: 1. brownie chunks/crumbs 2. pudding mixture 3. Cool Whip 4. chopped M&Ms 5. Repeat - I was able to repeat 3 times with my bowl, but it was shorter than a typical trifle bowl. Keep chilled until you serve it.

Before:

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment