Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Zucchini Yellow Squash Gratin

Last Friday, we went to a "barbecue." Let be clear about something. It is NOT a "barbecue" if there is no actual barbecue served. Barbecue includes: pulled pork, smoked pork, barbecued ribs (of pork or beef variety), and barbecued chicken. If hotdogs, hamburgers, bratwurst, or grilled chicken are served, this is a cookout. So as you see, there is a fundamental difference between a barbecue and a cookout. I digress. This particular cookout included bratwurst and hamburgers. I struggled to think of a side to make that could feed a lot of people and wasn't macaroni and cheese - someone already claimed this, and I'm glad she did because it was awesome. Nonetheless, my go-to cookout side was claimed. I stumbled upon a list of Martha Stewart's favorite side dishes, so I figured there had to be one winner on the list. And I found exactly one thing on the list that sounded appetizing to me. Here is the recipe: Zucchini Squash Gratin I followed it exactly, and it was really delicious, which can probably be attributed to the cream.

I forgot to take another picture, but here's a great shot of of the vegetables before the cream canceled all of their nutritional value!


1 comment:

  1. good clarification on the difference between bbq and cookout, because frankly, i had no idea there was a difference LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete