Monday, March 4, 2013

Stuffed Peppers for a Stuffed House

The movers came today and delivered our crates upon crates of stuff. I went to work and left Luke to deal with it, which clearly makes me a front runner for Wife of the Year, and it's only March. When I came home, I took care of first things first and set up the wireless and hooked the TV up to the cable since Women Tell All was on tonight. I figured if I was going to tackle the anxiety of having a house full of boxes, I would need to unwind by watching some girls go after each other and Chris B. Harrison use superb counseling skills to guide the whole process.

Being as our kitchen stacked to the ceiling within boxes, I thought this would be a relatively easy dinner. I had never made stuffed peppers before, but we really liked them! Luke was skeptical at first, but there was nothing left on his plate after dinner.

4-5 bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
1 lb ground turkey, browned (I seasoned it with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and sea salt. You could also use a pack of taco seasoning)
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can whole kernel sweet corn
Monterrey jack cheese for topping

Put the peppers in a baking dish and sprinkle olive oil on them. Bake them at 375 for about 20 minutes. While their baking, combine the browned turkey, black beans, and corn in a bowl. Spoon this mixture into the peppers - I could have probably stuffed them more than I did because I had a ton of leftover filling, which will likely turn into tacos later. Top them with cheese and bake them for about 7 more minutes. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment