Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

I started my new job 2 weeks ago, and this past week was my first week with students. I got to ease into the job, as the students were on spring break during my first week and only came to school for 2 days last week. I was really thankful for this because as soon as the students came back, I was going full speed ahead. My position has been unfilled for about 2 months, so I feel like I am really behind, but I am trying to remind myself that I don't have to catch up overnight. Luke has had a very busy couple of weeks as well, so we were both exhausted by the time the weekend rolled around. We still have plenty to do, but this morning, all we wanted to do was have breakfast and take a walk on the beach, so that's exactly what we did.

These pancakes were really fluffy and filling, and I am always up for pumpkin.

1 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp vinegar

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until they're incorporated. Cook them in a greased skillet on low. It made about 10 small pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment