Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Apple Bread

I stayed home today because I woke up with a 100 deg fever and I sound like I've been smoking cigars since the womb. While I wish I could just lay on the couch and watch tv all day, I need to be productive to feel better. So what better way to feel accomplished than baking? I threw a roast and some vegetables in the crock pot, but that just didn't give me the fix I needed. I opted for some pumpkin apple bread. I could actually smell this cooking, which says a lot considering my nose hasn't stopped running for 3 days now.

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1.5 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp nutmeg
.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 can pumpkin puree
2 apples, chopped
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick spray. In one bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Incorporate the two until well blended. Divide into two loaf pans and cook for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Love this bread because it has such a wonderful flavor and it has a serving of vegetables and fruit in it : ) I had to fight the urge to add chocolate chips, but I'm sure that would have only made this even more delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment