Monday, August 6, 2012

Spaghetti Baked in Garlic Bread

I made this back in January and started the post, but I guess I forgot to actually post it. By now, it's probably been repinned in pinterest about 4855489675876 times by carb lovers like me. This is seriously the best I-don't-care-how-many-carbs-are-in-this-because-I'll-fool-myself-and-say-I'll-run-8-miles-tomorrow meal ever. So many carbs. So glorious. It was pretty easy to make once I got the hang of cutting the dough and crossing it.

1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
6 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
1/4 lb ground beef, browned
8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
1 egg white
Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
minced garlic - desired amount


The first time I made this, I used one of those Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts, and I'm glad I started with that. Put the pizza crust on a greased baking sheet. I melted some butter and mixed in some minced garlic to brush over the inside of the crust and the top once I was finished. Think of the crust in vertical thirds. Place the cooked spaghetti in the middle third of the crust. We like a lot of cheese, so I did 2 layers of cheese with the first being on top of the spaghetti. I mixed the ground beef with the sauce I bought - can't remember what brand I bought, but it was something that had mushrooms in it. Pour the sauce/meat on top of the noodles and cheese, and top this with more mozzarella. Next, cut 1 inch strips on the outer 2 thirds. Fold the strips across diagonally trying to cover as much area as possible so the sauce and such to leak out. Brush the top of the crust with the egg white and more garlic butter. Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and any herbs you like. I used a garlic/parsley mixture. Bake it at 350 for 30 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment