Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chicken Zucchini Pasta with Mushroom White Wine Sauce

I made this for dinner last night, and we really loved it. It made 4 servings, and I think if I had given him the okay, Luke would have eaten 3. It was really flavorful and filling, and it smelled so good cooking. I'll definitely make this again.

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of butter
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 cup white wine (or white cooking wine)
1 can condensed mushroom and roasted garlic soup
1/2 lb mushrooms
4 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
1 box capellini pasta
1/2 zucchini, diced

In a pan, melt the butter and mix in the Italian dressing mix. Add the white wine (I used white cooking wine because I had a ton, and let's be honest, I'd rather drink the real stuff), soup, and mushrooms, mixing until smooth. Add the cream cheese, stirring until melted and smooth. Heat it thoroughly, but don't let it boil.


In a baking dish, place the chicken in a single layer, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake at 325 for one hour.



With about 15 minutes remaining on the chicken, prepare the pasta and steam the zucchini (I used my beloved Pasta Boat for both!). On a bed of pasta, serve the chicken with sauce and zucchini.


No comments:

Post a Comment