Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread

Whenever Luke heads out for any amount of time, I have the lovely task of eating what's left in the refrigerator. It usually results in dinners composed of random assortments or me trying to find recipes to use exactly what I have. This time, I had 3 boxes of blueberries that were knock knock knockin' on Heaven's door and several lemons, so this bread was my first choice. It turned out to be really moist because of the yogurt, and it made more than I could (should) finish, so I had plenty to share with friends.

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup plain yogurt
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup blueberries

Combine dry ingredients and then gradually add wet ingredients one at a time. Gently fold in the blueberries. Bake in a greased and floured loaf pan at 350 for 55 minutes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment