Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mom's Chicken Tetrazzini

This is my mom's recipe and one of my favorites. it's great comfort food. And it's one of those that even better the second day. When I made it last week, it smelled like home. One batch should make around 8 servings, unless your feeding people who eat like my husband, in which case, maybe you'll get 5 servings out of it...


1 package of spaghetti noodles (I like it with capellini too!)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
2 10-oz cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
4 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I just boil it)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 10-oz can peas
2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup parmesan cheese for topping


Break spaghetti into third and cook it like you normally would (I've been using my Pasta Boat a lot lately - it's a really good infomercial find!). While the spaghetti is cooking, sauté mushrooms in the melted butter. After these are done, drain the butter (or you could leave it in... I just like to cut down on some fat here). In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese until thoroughly mixed. Transfer it to a rectangular casserole dish and top with parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment