Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Snickerdoodles

My second favorite cookie of all time, second only to oatmeal chocolate chip, is the snickerdoodle. I've mentioned before how much I love cinnamon sugar, particularly when it is of the Auntie Anne's variety. I made these snickerdoodles a couple of weeks ago for our OCF snack, and I did not get to bring any home! Good thing I stashed one at home for desperate times.

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar (key ingredient for taste)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Beat the butter and sugar until smooth, and then add one egg at a time, followed by the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Shape the dough into round balls. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Roll each cookie ball in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-12 minutes at 400 degrees.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment