Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Oatmeal S'more Cookies

Last night, we had a potluck cookout with OCF. I love these things because the food is always amazing (bacon-wrapped pork and bacon-wrapped chicken. seriously.) and it's a great time to socialize outside of our regular Bible study gatherings. I made Parmesan orzo and oatmeal s'more cookies. I love oatmeal cookies, and I love s'mores, so I LOVED these cookies. They were really easy to make too, so that's always a plus, especially since I went straight from work to the commissary and back home to bake right beforehand. Nothing like putting it off til the last minute! I found this recipe on pinterest, but had to do it a little differently, particularly because I did not have an hour to chill the dough, again citing my last-minuteness.

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

1 jar (or homemade! ...ain't nobody got time for that) marshmallow cream sauce
30-40 Hershey's dark chocolate kisses

In/with a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until it's fluffy. All the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Gradually incorporate the fry ingredients into the wet ingredients until thoroughly blended.

The original recipe (link) said to chill the dough for at least an hour but no more than 4... I chilled it in the freezer for about 20 minutes because that's all the time I had. I tried to make the cookies round-ish without taking the time to form them into balls when I put them on the cookie sheet - this helps keep the marshmallow cream sauce from running off the cookie. Bake them for about 10 minutes on 375. While they're baking, unwrap the Hershey's kisses for quick transfer. When the cookies come out of the oven, use a spoon to make an crater in each one and spoon a little (or a lot, depending on the size of the crater) marshmallow cream sauce into the craters. Add the Hershey's kisses, pushing down until you feel the kiss lodge into the cookie. Obviously, don't stack them because the marshmallow cream sauce doesn't harden. These are so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment