Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chicken and Steak Fajitas

This is one of my favorite things to make. The marinade I used for the chicken and steak was almost identical except for one ingredient.

For the chicken marinade, I used:
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lime juice
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Blend it all up in a food processor or something similar, and then spread it over 2 lbs of chicken cut into fajita strips. I usually marinade it over night and then cook it in a skillet or on the griddle.

For the steak marinade, I used:
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lime
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro

Same process, and I spread it over 1.5 lb of flank steak cut into fajita strips and marinaded over night.

I also chopped up some red, green, and yellow peppers and onions and cooked them in a skillet with some olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. I love, love, love these fajitas and I am so excited that I have leftovers! I also made some tomalito and will be eating this for dinner for the next 4 nights.



(thanks to Bailey and Lucy for giving me this absolutely beautiful platter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment